Check back next year for the Spring 2018 Race!
Spring into Summer 5K Run/Walk was a successful partnership among the Martin Luther King Community Center and Rock Island Library. Our three organizations are committed to summer enrichment and all proceeds from the race funds summer camps which together, will serve more than 500 children this year!
ENTER YOUR TEAM! (or school)
Gather up your friends and/or co-workers and enter next year’s Spring Into Summer 5K race/walk sponsored by Ascentra Credit Union. Spring Forward Learning Center, Martin Luther King Community Center and Rock Island Public Library are partnering to organize the 5K run/walk and your participation will support our organizations’ 2018 summer enrichment camps and summer reading programs.
The 5K course at Sunset Park in Rock Island is fast and flat with scenic views of Potter Lake and the Mississippi River. The race is chip-timed and all participants receive a dri-fit t-shirt. Our event also includes a 1/4-mile kids run for children 12 and under, and a post-race picnic with food, games, and family activities. It will be a fun filled morning. I hope you can join us!
Spring into Summer 5K
2018 Dates TBA
REGISTER NEXT YEAR
Race Day Information
- Please enter the park at the 31st Avenue entrance to Sunset Marina (Potter Lake).
- Kids Race starts at 9:00 a.m.
- 5K starts at 9:15 a.m.
- Starting line is next to the 5K headquarters (park pavilion)
- Finish line is on the bike trail, not far from the start.
- Please check the information on your bib number for accuracy.
- Please be sure to cross the mat at the start and finish.
- Be sure to secure your bib number to the front of your race apparel in a manner visible to race officials.
- Parking is available along Sunset Lane.
- Restrooms are available at the park.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Dogs on leashes are permitted.
- Awards will be given after the 5K.
In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather registration fees will be considered a tax refundable donation to Spring Forward Learning Center.
Spring Forward would like to thank all of the Spring into Summer 5K Sponsors!